ThriveApril 1, 2020 2021-05-24 17:38
To begin, click the ‘Curriculum’ tab above.
Thrive is designed by neuroscientist Matt Janes and will help you to calm your anxiety and stress. Those who have taken the course say that their stress levels have reduced by 70% and their anxiety by 77%.
Thrive combines cutting-edge scientific research with simple, practical tools, delivered through a series of 38 video classes, totalling almost 5 hours of video content. They’ve been very carefully designed, to first teach you the science of stress and how it affects you. Then, through a series of practical classes, Matt will guide you through a number of exercises and tools to:
- Reduce your anxiety
- Help you to feel calmer and more confident
- Give you mastery over your feelings and emotions
- Give you a sense of ease and contentment
- Increase your awareness, of yourself, others and what’s happening around you
- Make you more compassionate towards yourself and others
- Help you to deal with difficult emotions
- Teach you how to develop a sense of purpose and meaning in your life
Leading neuroscience research shows that the benefits can be seen in as little as 8 minutes and when you continue to practice the classes, these benefits will extend into your life as a whole. There are no limits on how many times you can take the course.
Thrive is unique. There’s nothing else like it, anywhere on the web. It’s the result of many years of work and study through Harvard, Berkeley and Liverpool universities, and brings you the very latest tools to reduce your anxiety and stress.
Welcome to Thrive
The Science of Stress in 3 Parts
Your Mind, Brain & Stress
Reconnecting the Mind and the Body
Waking Up to Sensations in the Body
Recognising your Emotions
Naming our Emotions
Working with Thoughts
Waking Up from our Thoughts
Dealing with Difficult Thoughts
Recoding our Beliefs
Using Self-Compassion to Develop Resilience
Self-Compassion to Help our Mental Wellbeing
Exercises in Relieving Symptoms of Anxiety & Depression
- 19a. Video: Introduction to Exercises in Relieving Symptoms of Anxiety & Depression
- 19b. Video: Exercises in Relieving Symptoms of Anxiety & Depression Practice
- Class Summary 1 – Exercise in Relieving Symptoms of Anxiety
- Class Summary 2 – Exercise to Calm the Mind
- Class Summary 3 – Exercise in Relieving Symptoms of Depression
Collapsing the Ego to Develop Resilience to Depression
Setting an Intention
Neuro-Linguistic Programming to Improve our Mental Health
Credits & Citations
Amazing. Highly recommended.A brilliant mental wellbeing course. It really helped me last June 2020 when with work, Covid and childcare I was close to breaking point. It's utterly fascinating, quite mind-blowing in fact. Matt is a fountain of knowledge and expertise. I learnt so much which I have taken forward to help me in the future. Highly recommend it.
Christian OliverA fantastic course. A clear and fascinating introduction to the way the body and mind operate and how this impacts upon both physical and mental health. The course then applies this knowledge and puts it into practice with some excellent exercises. I have no doubt this course can change people’s lives for the better.
BrilliantBrilliant. I’m almost finished with the course now and can feel the benefit already. I would highly recommend it to absolutely everyone!
Incredible courseIncredible course. Mind blowing because the value and opportunity to change lives for the better is HUGE.
Highly recommendedThrive has the potential to change, even save, lives.